Thursday, September 8, 2011

Cooking With Cannabis


A pal, who's been around the kitchen a time or two, provides this advice for those stoners who'd like to try their hands at alternative modes of consumption, specifically, as an additio to recipes in which butter plays a significant toll, as in brownies and other baked goods. Sez Phil:

Save your best buds for smoking. Take the lesser grade buds, shake, stems, as much as you can muster, but an ounce (I grow my own, so it is not a matter of $) to a pound of butter. I slow simmer it in a big pot all day! Then put it in the fridge. Next morning, about 3/8" of hardened lard will be on top of the pot. I break off the lard and then put it in a double boiler. When it is melted, I strain it and pour it into ice cube trays. Then whenever you bake, use in baking recipes as called for. Usually one cube = a big tablespoon. MMMMM.... so fine!
Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment